Pasta has been enjoyed by billions of people, in many countries of the globe, for many hundreds of years. It is one of the tastiest, cheapest, healthiest and most versatile meals in the world – so it’s no wonder it’s been popular for decades on end.
Over the years, there have been many types of pasta being created and consumed. We’ve all heard of spaghetti, but what other types of pasta are there? Since you’ve asked, we thought we would try to answer. Here are just some of the pasta types our Italian chefs know:
- Spaghetti (long, cylindrical noodle pasta)
- Macaroni (short, narrow tube pasta)
- Penne (cylinder shaped pieces of pasta)
- Rigatoni (tube shaped pasta, larger than penne)
- Tortellini (ring shaped pasta filled with stuffing)
- Cavatappi (macaroni pasta in a helical tube shape)
- Orzo (shortcut pasta shaped like rice)
- Risoni (just like orzo)
- Lasagne (wide flat pasta stacked in layers)
- Ravioli (envelope pasta filled with stuffing)
- Capellini (very thin spaghetti pasta)
- Pappardelle (broad large flat pasta)
- Fusilli (corkscrew shaped pasta)
- Fettuccine (long flat ribbon pasta)
- Linguini (similar to fettuccine but elliptical rather than flat)
- Bucatini (thick spaghetti-like pasta)
- Angel hair (extra thin noodle pasta)
- Tagliatelle (long flat ribbons)
- Cannelloni (very large pasta sleeve tubes with filling)
- Spatzle (egg-based pasta)
- Vermicelli (thin noodles like spaghetti but smaller)
- Fregula (ball-shaped pasta)
- Orecchiette (ear shaped pasta)
- Manicotti (very large pasta sleeve tubes with filling)
- Paccheri (large tube pasta)
- Rotini (twisted spring-like pasta)
- Strozzapreti (longer cavatelli)
- Agnolotti (pillow shaped pasta with stuffing)
- Ziti (extruded pasta smaller than rigatoni)
- Garganelli (flat square noodles rolled into a cylindrical shape)
- Bigoli (long and thick strand pasta)
- Mafaldine (flat, wide ribbon shaped pasta)
- And more!
What is the best type of pasta?
Everybody has their own favourite type of pasta. At Maruzza Fine Foods, our chefs love consuming a variety of different pasta dishes throughout the week. It’s always fun to mix up dishes by adding different sauces and mixing new and in-season vegetables through the dish. Some of our most popular pasta dishes ordered with fresh pasta delivery include our eggplant lasagne and beef ravioli. Our tortellini is also a top pick.
Where can you get the best pasta in Sydney?
We don’t mean to brag but…
Sydney’s best pasta is available right here with Maruzza Fine Foods. If you want fresh pasta delivered to your home, bulk pasta, pasta near me, pasta delivery Sydney, or other Italian food online, you’ve come to the right place. We are premier wholesale pasta suppliers, offering some of the most authentic pasta dishes in the country.
To purchase our famous pasta meals, browse our online store now. Ordering pasta online has never been easier!