All types of pasta are high in fibre which is good for your gut health. When mixed with vegetables and meat, a pasta dish can be high in both protein and essential vitamins. Also, pasta fills you up quickly, so you won’t be encouraged to eat unhealthy snacks throughout the day.
It can also be argued that pasta online is good for your wellbeing because it is one of the most affordable meals on the planet. This means there will less financial stress for you and you can easily feed your entire family.
How can you make a pasta meal even more healthy?
There are some things you can do to make pasta even more healthy and nutritious for you. They aren’t difficult and they can even make your pasta meal more delicious, so be sure to implement these points at home.
- Enjoy pasta as part of a balanced diet. This means you should eat a variety of different meals throughout the week and try to incorporate fruit and vegetables into every meal.
- Eat pasta in moderation. Just like any food, overconsumption can lead to weight gain. It’s important that you consider healthy portion sizes while eating pasta, and only eat until you are full.
- Choose vegetarian pasta meals. Overconsumption of meat can sometimes cause health problems, so choosing to have a vegetarian pasta meal every now and again may improve your overall wellbeing.
- Purchase wholemeal pasta. Wholemeal pasta varieties often have more fibre and natural ingredients. This will help to keep your gut health in order.
- Toss fresh vegetables in with your pasta. Freshly chopped vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals, so they are a great addition to any pasta dish. Not only will it make the meal healthier for you, but it will also add flavour to the meal.
- Choose tomato-based sauces over creamy sauces. Generally speaking, red sauces are better for you than white sauces. Red sauces are often tomato-based, which means they are full of vitamins and low in calories. The creamy nature of some white sauces means they have higher calorie content and less nutritional benefits.
- Make or cook your pasta yourself. Cooking is a form of very light exercise, so it is good to do your own cooking as much as possible. Maruzza Fine Foods can provide plain pasta, fresh pasta and frozen pasta online so you can complete the majority of the cooking at home.
To learn more about pasta and the many ways it can be enjoyed, read our latest blog articles: What makes Italian pasta so special, 9 reasons to buy our pasta online, 5 secrets for impressing your dinner party guests, Where to buy the best wholesale pasta in Sydney.